With genuine leather jackets, it can be a challenge to keep it soft and comfortable for that supple feel. Even thought a cool black Leather looks best when worn in, it should be routinely cared for with the right leather conditioner and leather cleaner care products. Leather Naturals can help you do just that.
The history behind the Leather Jacket. “Invented” in the early 20th century and popularized by Hollywood stars in the 1950s because of its classic bomber jackets looks. The Leather Jacket is here to stay as a fashion staple through the world.
Whether they are playing a famous character on the silver screen, or just grabbing it from their fashion wardrobe, Henry Winkler, Dwayne Johnson, Tom Cruise, Ryan Gosling, Brant Daugherty, Bradley Cooper, Kate Upton, Justin Theroux, Alessandra Ambrosio or Brad Pitt, they have all rock a black Leather jacket.
You can too.
Caring for Your Leather Jacket
First thing first, read the manufacturer’s label for specific care instructions. It has specific guidelines that you need to follow to clean and treat the jacket.
Water can be brutal on a jacket if it is not dried immediately. If your jacket gets wet be sure to wipe off excess water and hang your jacket to air dry before storing it away.
Leather Jacket Styles
Biker Jacket – usually comes in black. It’s rugged design crafted from goatskin, cowhide or horsehide, this style is preferred by bikers because it allow them to sit and lean over their motorcycles without the fastenings digging into the body.
Aviator Bomber Jacket – The OG flight jacket that is probably the most popular jacket in the world, and it’s not difficult to understand why.
Flight Jacket – It is considered to be the mac daddy of all leather jackets. It was originally designed for pilots.
Leather Blazer – It makes quite a fashion statement. They typically have just one or two buttons, worn for style more so than warmth.
Racer Jackets – It is designed for looks, it is softer and more lightweight. It usually has a full front zipper, two zip pockets, and a small snap over a band collar.
What you need to know about Leather Jackets
- Use a sturdy padded hanger when storing your jacket away
- Do not use a wire hanger to store your jacket, it can cause damaging stretch marks on the shoulders
- Do not fold jacket for an extended period of time, it can cause permanent creases and cracks
- When storing your jacket in a closet, give it some space to “breathe”
- Do not store your jacket near heat sources like radiators, hot iron or in direct sunlight
- Use Leather Naturals Leather Cleaner to remove dust, dirt buildup or stains before conditioning
- Use Leather Naturals Leather Conditioner to moisturize and soften finished leather to prolong its life
Finally, know when you need to use a professional leather cleaning service. There are some things no leather cleaner or conditioner can fix or undue, regardless of what the manufacturer promises. Leather Naturals goal is to help you keep wearing and enjoying your soft and comfortable leather jacket for many years to come.